The Intergalactic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Intergalactic Forum

A forum for the SPORE clubs.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Adventure Tips

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ghostofillusion

ghostofillusion

Adventure Tips Empty
PostSubject: Adventure Tips   Adventure Tips I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 10:18 pm

This topic is for anybody who would like tips on their adventures. If you have any other tips, please post them as a reply to this thread.
Also, I'll be posting FAQs, from some of my subs.

---
Disguising Creatures as Gates
---

Adventure Tips Spore20100319195421

I personally use this effect in adventures that may call for statues, or lifeless statues that look like creatures. This method can also apply to any game-play object such as Teleporters, Power-Ups and keys (which I don't recommend).

1.) Select your Blue Gate.
2.) Select "Disguised". A list of buildings and vehicles should appear from the Sporepedia.
3.) Click "Edit" on any building (it doesn't have to be yours, this is just to go into the building editor).
4.) Once you're in the building editor or vehicle editor (doesn't matter), click the Sporepedia button on the bottom.
5.) Select the button on the top that looks like a lined paper to show all creations. You can now select creatures.
6.) Select the creature you would like to use and click "Edit" to enter the Creature Editor or the Outfitter.
7.) Press the check-mark.
8.) Success!

---
Great Adventures PNGs
---

Honestly, when people look at your adventure preview, it determines the whole adventure for them. If just the planetary image is shown, then people assume that you care enough to put an images preview. Good adventure PNGs look something like this:
Adventure Tips 500558276047 Adventure Tips 500532095892 Adventure Tips 500419779192 Adventure Tips 500382695780 Adventure Tips 500548618841 Adventure Tips 500561182637

For a couple ideas on how to make PNGs like this, you must first take a closer look at them. For example, looking at the 2nd image (Re-Lax by Creepers79), you can tell that the images is a planet with great terraforming done. If you would like to make a mission in the style of this, go to the section "Face Planets" (will post soon).

For the first image (What is KDC by ghostofillusion), I used several effects and a really large boss as well as a temporary red sky along with haunting buildings and quality effects. Here are my steps:
1.) Place effects and props where wanted.
2.) Do all terraforming you want. It can be temporary or permanent.
3.) Turn all quality settings on "High" or "Medium".
4.) Enter your adventure. And move to the scene you set up.
5.) Open up the Cheat Menu (Shift+CTRL+C) and type in freecam.
6.) Take a picture to your liking.
7.) Success!

---
Making a Suitable Boss Mission
---

Everybody knows that when they are making a boss mission, they might get a little bit "overboard" with the difficulty of the mission. Try to keep it simple and playable and winnable by an captain. If you make a mission too hard, people will play other missions until they get the gear to finish your mission. By that time, they may have already forgotten your mission.

Some tips:
1.) Use regenerating power-ups such as Health or Energy.
2.) Don't go overboard with the HP. It gets really boring if you fight a boss with 16,000 lives. I have seen this happen and its not cool.
3.) If the mission is centered around a boss, try and raise the captain's starting HP. Refer to the tip above.
4.) Add effects to make it more exciting (see next section).
5.) If you believe its way too hard, try adding crew members. Click the Plus sign under the "Crew" section to add crew members. Next go into your editor and pick a random (or not random) crew-member. If you want to force your player to use that specific person, press the lock button. If you don't, leave it unlocked.

---
Making a Boss Battle
---

This is different than the above section. Once you've got the actual aspect of your boss battle, you have to think design and fancy.

Honestly, which looks like a cooler boss battle:
This? Adventure Tips Spore20100319201446

Or this? Adventure Tips Spore20100319201733

The second one, right? You see, the second mission has more effects and buildings along with better placement of parts.
Let's break down the 2nd image into chunks.

If you have any other tips, please post them below. I'll more soon, so check back often! cheers

Last edited by ghostofillusion on Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:20 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore
Thobe
Thobe

Location : According to suicide statistics, Monday is the favored day for self-destruction.

Adventure Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Tips   Adventure Tips I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 7:28 am

This looks cool, I may have tips.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Thobewill
geekmonkey42

geekmonkey42

Location : The Extremely One-of-a-Kind 42nd North American Geek Monkey's computer on the remote island of Vanuatu, the land of irrepressible bad jokes and puns

Adventure Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Tips   Adventure Tips I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 8:20 pm

This looks suspiciously like Parkaboy's work. Tacotounge
Back to top Go down
ghostofillusion

ghostofillusion

Adventure Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Tips   Adventure Tips I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 8:50 pm

ghostofillusion wrote:

---
---

Adventure Tips Spore_2009-12-12_11-40-17
Image courtesy of Parkaboy.

Back to top Go down
ghostofillusion

ghostofillusion

Adventure Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Tips   Adventure Tips I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 8:51 pm

But, I'll post my own image later. Very Happy

With complementary images for other tips.
Back to top Go down
geekmonkey42

geekmonkey42

Location : The Extremely One-of-a-Kind 42nd North American Geek Monkey's computer on the remote island of Vanuatu, the land of irrepressible bad jokes and puns

Adventure Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Tips   Adventure Tips I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 6:02 am

Oops. Didn't see that.
Back to top Go down
ghostofillusion

ghostofillusion

Adventure Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Tips   Adventure Tips I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 9:54 am

Any suggestions for the OP? Anyone?

I think I just answered the main question on how to disguise creatures as gates. Smile
Back to top Go down
M5000

M5000

Location : Stuck in a failed instantaneous point condensation jump. Halp.

Adventure Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Tips   Adventure Tips I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 8:11 am

ghostofillusion wrote:
This topic is for anybody who would like tips on their adventures. If you have any other tips, please post them as a reply to this thread.
Also, I'll be posting FAQs, from some of my subs.

---
---

*IMG Snip*

I personally use this effect in adventures that may call for statues, or lifeless statues that look like creatures. This method can also apply to any game-play object such as Teleporters, Power-Ups and keys (which I don't recommend).

1.) Select your Blue Gate.
2.) Select "Disguised". A list of buildings and vehicles should appear from the Sporepedia.
3.) Click "Edit" on any building (it doesn't have to be yours, this is just to go into the building editor).
4.) Once you're in the building editor or vehicle editor (doesn't matter), click the Sporepedia button on the bottom.
5.) Select the button on the top that looks like a lined paper to show all creations. You can now select creatures.
6.) Select the creature you would like to use and click "Edit" to enter the Creature Editor or the Outfitter.
7.) Press the check-mark.
8.) Success!

*snip*

I love you. I never knew you could do this...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Adventure Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Tips   Adventure Tips I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Adventure Tips
Page 1 of 1